- Submitted by Dahlia on 12th Feb 2011
Pic 1 - Egg Kurma with hard boiled egg
Eggs - 6 (Hard Boiled / Raw)
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro - for garnish
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Fried Onions (store bought) - 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato - 2
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds (kus kus) - 1 tsp
- Cashew nuts - 5
First of all, grind all the ingredients under 'List I' and keep it aside.
- Similarly, grind the ingredients under 'List II' and set aside.
- You can make this kurma in two ways
- (i) Hard Boil the eggs and add it to the gravy.
- (ii) Break a raw egg into the gravy and cook it.
- The recipe is the same for both the kurmas.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan/kadai and add the ground paste of 'List I'.
- Saute for 2 minutes on medium high flame and then add the dry spice powders.
- Next add the ground paste of 'List II', about 2 cups of water and required salt.
- Boil this for about 7-8 minutes till everything is cooked and oil separates.
- Add the egg at this stage and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- If you are adding hard boiled eggs, make few slits for the gravy to be absorbed (Pic 1).
- If using raw egg, break open the egg and gently add to the simmering gravy for the egg to get poached (Pic 2).
- Garnish with cilantro. Egg kurma is ready to be served
Pic 2 - Egg Kurma with poached eggs
More Egg Recipes