- Submitted by Dahlia on 6th Jul 2015
(Amras, Mango Pure Desert, Mango Pulp Desert)
Aamras is a summer dessert made with sweet ripe mangoes popular in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. Aaamras literally translates to ‘Mango Juice’ and the recipe is just that simple. It is nothing but the pulp of sweet mangoes served chill. It usually forms part of the thali during summers when mangoes are available in plenty. Aaamras with some puris is an unbeatable combination.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil
- Mangoes - 2
- Sugar – as needed
- Cream/Milk – 2-3 tbsp (optional)
- Cardamom - 1
- Saffron/ Chopped nuts – for garnish
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Chop the flesh into small pieces.
- Take these pieces into a blender or a mixie jar. Add some cream, cardamom and required sugar. Add sugar depending on the sweetness of the mangoes.
- Blend it to a smooth puree.
- Remove the puree into a serving dish. Garnish with chopped nuts or saffron strands.
- Chill it for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Aaamras is traditionally served with fried puris.
- It also goes well with rotis and pulkas.
- Of course, it can be served as it is as a light dessert or used as a topping for vanilla ice cream.
- Store the leftover in the refrigerator and use it to make mango milkshake or lassi.
More Recipes With Mango