- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 12th May 2012
(Apple Halva, Apple Sheera)
Recipe For Apple Halva
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Cooking time : 30-35 minutes (in medium flame)
Serves : 1
Grated apple - 1 cup (fuji apple, hard ones)
- Milk - 1 cup
- Milk powder - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Pure ghee - 1 tsp
- Saffron - few strands
- Cardamom powder
- Food colour as per your choice
- Dry fruits for garnishing
Wash and grate the apple, transfer the same immediately in the milk to avoid discoloration of the apple.
- In a kadai, add the ghee, milk and apple, food colour, saffron and boil.
- The milk will start curdling due to the sourness of the apple. continue stirring.
- When the mix becomes dry, add the sugar, stir continuously.
- When the halwa starts leaving the sides of the kadai, add milk powder, cardamom powder and stir.
- When it is done, remove from the kadai and transfer in a bowl. Garnish with dry fruits.
Diet Apple Halva
- Instead of using sugar, add 2 tsp of sugar free sweetener when the mixer starts leaving the kadai. Do not use milk powder in this case.
More Apple Recipes