- Submitted by Dahlia on 20th Dec 2013
(How to make beetroot pomegranate juice?, Healthy Organic Beets juice, Beet Juice, Pommegranate Juice)
We all know the benefits of drinking fresh juice made with organic fruits and vegetables. You can mix and match any combination of vegetables and fruits to make your own mocktail. I usually prefer combining a fruit with a vegetable that has the same color like the beetroot and pomegranate, tomato and watermelon, carrots and orange, cucumber and kiwi etc. It makes it very eye appealing and a great way to make finicky kids eat their vegetables. Drinking a glass of fresh juice once a day as a mid meal snack will not only make you healthy but helps you stay away from junk food.
I know of an aunt who regular makes fresh juice for her daughter as soon as she comes back from school. It has become a regular mandatory habit for her that she never complaints about it. The girl has a bright glowing skin that I believe is the result of this regular healthy practice. I also had a neighbor few years back who used to make fruit juice for everyone first thing in the morning. They start the day in a healthy way - no chaai or kaapi. You can also make these juice varieties during summers instead of drinking the bottled drinks. Frankly speaking, even I am not regular in preparing juice daily. I try to include them once or twice a week.
Today's combination is beetroot and pomegranate, both of which are powerful anti oxidants. Beetroot and pomegranate have been proven to reduce blood pressure. Consuming both beet and pomegranate as a single juice form will make it healthier. This juice not only has many health benefits but it looks so inviting with a vibrant red color. The sweetness of the beets and the tartness of the pomegranate perfectly compliments each other. I have made the juice with water because my kids prefer it that way. Some people like to add milk and make it more richer. pomegranate beet milkshake is a great variation for those who love milkshakes. So here is the recipe for the dairy free beet-pomegranate juice.
Video Instructions For Making Beetroot Pomegranate Juice
Recipe For Pomegranate Beetroot Juice
- Beetroot - 1 medium sized (1 cup chopped)
- Pomegranate - 1 (1 cup of seeds)
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp (or half a big lemon)
- Sugar/ Honey - 2-3 tbsp
- Wash the beetroot and peel the skin. Chop it roughly into small chunks.
- Cut the pomegranate and separate the seeds from the skin and the white membrane.
- Take both the beets and the pomegranate seeds in a blender or a juicer.
- Blend these together with about 1/2 cup of cold water to a smooth purée.
- Strain it using a big sieve into a large bowl. Use the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much juice as possible. You can repeat this step once again by blending the strained remains with another half up of water.
- Mix in the lemon juice, sugar and another cup of cold water with the juice. Taste it and adjust the sweetness.
- Serve immediately with or without ice cubes.
- Enjoy this cool, refreshing and healthy Beetroot-Pomegranate juice as a mid meal or after school snack.
- If you want to make a beautiful presentation, rub the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge and dip the glass in some sugar. After that pour in the juice. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- To make beetroot pomegranate milkshake, substitute the water with milk. In this case, do not add the lemon juice. You can serve it to kids as a substitute for milk.
- You can add other fruits or vegetables along with this. My choices would be strawberries, cherries, red grapes, watermelon and carrots.
- To make this chatpata, I sometimes add a pinch of black salt or chaat masala to the juice.
More Juice Recipes