- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 8th Feb 2016
(Healthy Chatpata Sprouts Salad, Sprouts Salad With Chaat Masala)
- Moong sprouts - 1/4 cup
- Tomato - 1 (sliced lengthwise)
- Capsicum - a small pieces (julienned)
- Cabbage - 1/4 cup (sliced lengthwise)
- Onion - 1/2 (sliced lengthwise)
- Sweet corn - 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice - to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
For Chatpata Spice Mix
- Chaat masala - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - a pinch
- Black salt - a pinch
- Roasted cumin powder - a pinch
- Sugar - a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
- Boil water in a sauce pan. Add the sprouts, cook for one minute and remove using a slotted spoon.
- In the same water add the corn and cook for just a minute. Remove it.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the sprouts, corn and the remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle the dry spices - masalas as per your taste. Just add a pinch of everything and increase if needed.
- Add the lemon juice and mix everything. Taste and adjust the seasonings as per your taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Healthy chatpata sprouts salad is ready to be served.
- Serve the mildly spiced chatpata sprouts salad as a healthy evening snack to kids and adults.
- This can be also served as a side salad for chapati or roti.
- This could be a dinner meal for any one who is diet conscious.
More Salad Recipes