- Submitted by Dahlia on 26th Oct 2014
(Sauteed Chicken with Vegetables, Chicken and vegetable stir-fry)
Today's recipe; Sauteed chicken
with vegetables is an incredibly simple dish but very healthy. It is very delightful with chicken breast and colorful vegetables and cooked tender crisp. The recipe is also very versatile since you can follow the method and use your favorite ingredients. It is perfect for bachelors as it uses just one pot and a few ingredients. The leftovers can be added to noodles
, fried rice
or used to make wraps and sandwiches.
- Chicken – 1 lb (1/2 kg)
- Mixed vegetables - 1 lb (1/2 kg) (You can use a mixture of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, asparagus, green beans, green peas, carrots, bell peppers, water chestnut, mushrooms etc..)
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly flakes or Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp or as needed
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Cut the chicken to small pieces or long thin strips.
- Chop the vegetables in big chunks or long strips.
- Take a big wok and heat on medium high heat.
- Pour the oil and then add the chicken pieces.
- Saute the chicken till it turns opaque. Let the chicken cook till the water that oozes out from the chicken gets evaporated.
- Next add the mixed vegetables. Stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, oregano, salt and chili flakes.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes on high flame. The vegetables should be cooked tender crisp.
- You can add other flavorings like garlic powder, chilly sauce, oyster sauce etc.
- You can also play around with the ingredients depending on what you have on hand. You can add any combination of vegetables or just one or two vegetables.
- You can even add toasted nuts like cashew nuts, almonds or sesame seeds.
- Vegetarians can substitute chicken with mushroom or tofu.
- If you want a sauce, mix 1 tblsp of corn flour with 1/2 cup of water and add it to the above mixture. Adjust the seasoning and let it cook till the sauce thickens. This can be served over rice.
- This can be served as it is as a low carb meal.
- It can also be served over noodles or rice.
- It can also be used to make wraps. It is so flavorful, you just need to put some of the mixture in a tortilla and roll it to make wraps.
Other Chicken Recipes
Other Non-Vegetarian Side Dish Recipes