- recipe by Apoorva submitted 09-28-2012
A very good and tempting starter for parties, picnics, or kids parties and a healthy snack for kiddies tiffin box.
1 cup Par boiled and crushed corn kernels
½ cup Par boiled corn kernels
4 medium sized Hard boiled potatoes
2 tbsp Cornflour
3-4 slices Bread or 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
5-6 pods of Garlic
1 inch Ginger
3-4 Green chillies
½ tsp Amchur powder
½ tsp Sugar
½ tsp Black salt
½ tsp Black pepper powder
¼ tsp Red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1/2 cup Coriander leaves
Oil for frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, mash the hard boiled potatoes, crushed corn and whole corn kernels.
2. Crush garlic, ginger and chillies in a mixier and add to it.
3. Add finely chopped coriander and the seasonings viz. salt, black salt, sugar, black pepper powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder and mix well.
4. Add the corn flour and bread slices or bread crumbs and combine the same well.
5. Make small balls out of it and press the tooth pick into it like a lollipop.
6. Heat oil in a vessel and deep fry them on high heat till golden brown.
7. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or coriander mint chutney.
fresh and hot