- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 17th Oct 2013
(Nutella Strawberry Crepes)
For the batter
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Milk - 1 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Butter/Oil - 2 tblsp
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 1 tblsp
For the filling and topping
Nutella - as needed (You can also spread jam, honey, peanut butter or any other spread of your choice)
Fruits of your choice - apples, strawberries, bananas, mangoes, berries etc
1. Take all the ingredients under 'For the batter' in a large bowl and mix until all the lumps are gone and you have a smooth batter. You can use a hand blender or blend the ingredients in a mixie to simplify the process.
2. Heat a non stick skillet/ frying pan on medium heat. Drizzle 2-3 drops of oil/butter and spread it on the whole skillet using a paper towel.
3. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it in the middle of the pan.
4. Swirl the pan in a circular motion so that the batter spreads and forms a thin coating throughout the skillet.
5. After about 30 seconds, the edges will start to come out. Gently remove the crepe and flip it.
6. Cook on the other side for 20 seconds too. Remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
How to serve?
Take a crepe on a plate. Spread some jam or nutella on the crepe. Place some berries or chopped fruits and fold the crepe in half. Top with some whipped cream and enjoy your delicious crepes.
You can also fold the crepes in quarter or roll it.
- For a savoury version of crepe, fill with some scrambled eggs.
- Wanna make desi crepes ?? Try these fillings :-) Carrot Halwa, Kheema matar
Pour a thin layer of batter in the skillet
Flip and cook both sides for just about 30 seconds
Take the crepe in a plate and spread some nutella
Fill with chopped fruits of your choice
Fold in half and top with whipped cream
Alternate ways of folding :
Put the filling in one quarter
Fold into quarter and serve
You can also roll the crepes and serve as below