- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 23rd Oct 2013
(Matanga Halwa, Poosanikaai Halva, Kaddu ka Sheera)
Grated red pumpkin - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Saffron strands - few
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar free - 1 tsp
Ghee 1 tsp
Dry fruits - as needed
1. Heat ghee in a kadai. When it becomes hot, add the grated pumpkin and saute for five minutes.
2. Add the milk and cook till it is almost absorbed.
3. Add the sugar free, cardamom powder, saffron strands and mix well.
4. Cook on medium flame till it starts leaving the sides of the kadai.
5. Remove it in a serving dish and garnish with dry fruits.
Enjoy the diet halva.
- You can try the same recipe with other vegetables and make diet dudhi halwa, diet carrot halwa, diet beetroot halwa, diet apple halwa
: 15 minutes
: 30 minutes
Check out another variation here - Pumpkin Pie Halwa.