- submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 20th Feb 2014
(Dill Leaves Kootu, Dill leaves with lentil fry)
Dill leaves helps in reducing gas and acidity.
Dill leaves (chopped finely) - ½ cup
Onion - 1 Small (finely chopped)
Garlic - 2-3 pods (finely chopped)
Moong dal - 2 tbsp (soaked)
Roasted peanut (crushed) - 1 tblsp
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
Ginger (chopped) - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Asafoetida - A pinch
Green chillies - 2-3 (chopped)
Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
Sugar or sugarite - ¼ tsp
Oil - 2 tblsp
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadai and add the cumin seeds.
2. When it splutters, add the onion, garlic pods, ginger, green chilli. Sauté for a minute.
3. Add the moong dal and sauté for another two minutes.
4. Add the dill leaves, salt, asafetida, sugar and keep on stirring till it is cooked.
5. Add the peanut powder mix well and serve hot with chapatti or dal rice.
less than 10 minutes