- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 12th Oct 2013
Dill has been used since ancient times. Today, it is used in salads, to make pickles, in soups, and other dishes. It's a great way to add extra flavour to a dish without drastically increasing the calorie or fat content of a meal. Even though most people only use dill as a flavour enhancer in their dishes, there are actually many other reasons why dill should be eaten.
Cooked rice (left over rice can be used) - 1 cup
Dill leaves (chopped) - 1/2 cup
Green chilli - 1
Oil - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Salt - to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
2. Add the slit green chilli and sauté for few seconds and then add the chopped dill leaves.
3. Add the turmeric powder and salt required for the dill leaves.
4. Sprinkle little water (3-4 tbsp), cover it and cook till the water dries up.
5. Add the rice, salt and mix well.
Dill rice is ready to serve hot with plain curd or raita. I am not suggesting pickle or papad since it is a diet meal.
- You can make Dill Pulao
or Dill Masala Bath
by using the spices as per your choice.