- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 7th Jan 2015
(Drumstick Leaf Adai)
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Raw Rice - 1/4 cup
Red Boiled Rice - 1/4 cup
- Drumstick Leaves (Murungai ilai) - 1/2 cup
Salt - as needed
- Gingelly oil
- Wash and soak the rice for 5-6 hours. Grind it smoothly like dosa batter. Add salt and keep it for 5-6 hours.
- In the meantime, separate the drumstick leaves from the stem. Wash it.
- When you are ready to make adais, add the drumstick leaves (murungai ilai) to the batter and mix well.
Heat a non stick tava and pour a ladle of batter on the tava. Spread it like dosa. Drizzle one teaspoon oil around the adai.
- When it is done on one side, flip it to cook the other side till you get a crispy adai. Cook on slow flame.
More Idli, Dosa and Adai Recipes