-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 7th Sep 2015
(Green Baigan Ke Sabzi, Kathrikkai Curry)
- Green Brinjals (Long) - 3 (cut into 1/2” pieces)
- Dosa Milagai Podi - 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Cut the brinjals into quarter inch pieces or round pieces and keep it soaked in water to prevent discoloration.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add the mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves
- Add the brinjal pieces and saute for few minutes.
- Add the masalas, salt and keep on stirring for couple of minutes.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Green brinjal sabzi is ready to be server.
- Serve the brinjal sabzi hot with rice or chapatti.
More Brinjal (Egg plant) Recipes