- Submitted by Chef Ashish Rai on 27th Sep 2016
(Grilled Pineapple in Spiced Caramel Sauce)
Recipe for Grilled Pineapple
Recipe Source: Chef Ashish Rai, Head – Culinary, Barbeque Nation
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Pineapple – 1.5 kgs
- Sugar - 500 gms
- Water - 150 ml
- Low-fat cream - 150 ml
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Red chili powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Chat masala powder - 1 tsp
- Butter - 50 gms (optional)
- Trim the top and bottom of the pineapple and cut it into 6 wedges length wise.
- In a medium sauce pan add sugar, half of the water & cinnamon powder. Cook till the sugar is melted and caramelized.
- Stir in cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, chat masala and the remaining water. Cook for further 2 mins and gradually add low-fat cream.
- Stir vigorously and cook for another 2 min (adding butter). Remove from heat.
- Brush the prepared sauce on the pineapple wedges and grill it on a grooved griddle plate for about 3 mins on each side.
- Place the cooked pineapple on a serving plate and drizzle the prepared caramel sauce and serve hot.
More Pineapple Recipes