- Submitted by Rachel Stinson
(Natural Weight Loss)
Losing weight has become like world’s most favorite sport. People go to long lengths to lose weight, to become the right size. The workout, the dieting it’s all very usual now a days. But what if I tell you that you can lose weight by eating. Not eating the fried, sugary, baked stuff but something which contains the right amount of all the nutrients you need to lose the extra layer of fat on your body. People go on long unhealthy diets to lose weight and end up ruining their appetite for ever.
Here are some of the 5 healthy Indian street food recipes you should know to reduce weight.
1. Daal Moong
Daal, also known as pulses is the best way to lose weight. It contains all the proteins you need to have a healthy body. The right amount of daal in our daily food diet can really help us to reduce weight to our desires. The fun part is that there is not just one way to make daal but more than we even know.
- Wash ½ cup of daal unti the water runs clear.
- Then cook daal which is mostly done in pressure cooker.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pan with all of the chilies according to one’s taste.
- Then add garlic and a pinch of hing and then chopped onions.
- Add tomato, salt and chili powder and then add ¾ cup of water.
- Add mashed daal and stir until it boils.
- Add kasuri methi and a little more salt if needed.
- Serve plain daal with either rice or roti whichever is preferred.
2. Asparagus Soup
Who even in the world doesn’t like soup? And what’s even more interesting is the fact that it may also help you with something you really want. Reduce weight. It’s a low calories vegetable soup with a creamy feel about it.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and add onions.
- Add the potatoes, asparagus and vegetable stock and bring them about to boil.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Lend in a mixer to smooth puree using 2 cups of water.
- Transfer the puree in a nonstick deep frying pan.
- Add milk, salt, pepper and heat and stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with asparagus.
3. Bajra Varan
This green paste might not look really appealing but this simple dish increases Vitamin A content, while the vegetables add fiber. And more over the dish itself is really easy to make.
- Clean, wash and soak the toovar dal for 1 to 2 hours and then set aside for a while.
- Combine dal, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the pressure cooker.
- Add the cumin seed powder, mixed vegetables, sugar and green paste and mix well.
- Simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Add lemon juice just before serving.
4. Barley Khichadi
Kichdi according to the popular belief is not only good for patients and sick people but also it might help you lose a little bit of fat too.
Ever heard of a barley khichdi? Try it once and you will want to keep repeating this master piece in your kitchen.
- Combine barley and half cup of water in a pressure cook and cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening and then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add onions.
- Add tomatoes, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all the remaining vegetables, salt and stir occasionally.
- Add the cooked barley, coriander and a little salt.
- Serve hot.
5. Bean Sprouts and Capsicum Salad
Bean sprouts is also one of the Indian traditional dish which helps you lose weight and and lends enough vitamin c which aids in enhancing calcium absorption.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add garlic.
- Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Add vinegar, soya sauce, chili powder, sugar, peanuts and mix well.
- Combine the bean sprouts, capsicum and spicy dressing and salt and toss well.
- Serve immediately or put in a refrigerator and serve chilled.
Not just these dishes but there are a lot of other dishes like Falafel Delivery Dubai too which are the perfect deal of what we want for our diet. One of the great ways is to replace high calorie ingredients with the low calorie ingredients. This doesn’t just involve replacing the nutrients but also modifying our cooking like replacing fried food. And also we cannot completely get detached from oils and dairy products because of the nutrients present in them and might also get us to have certain deficiencies.
About the Author
Rachel Stinson has always had a knack for writing, food, fashion, and places. Blogging has combined all four for her with an added bonus of enthusiastic audiences.