- submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 23rd May 2014
(Kovakai Ilai Kootu, Tindoora Patta Sabzi)
Ivy gourd leaves are good for stomach to reduce acidity. This was told by one of my friend. I had it regularly for a period of one month and 50% of my stomach related problems were solved.
- Ivy gourd leaves - 1 cup (chopped)
- Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Moong dal - 2 tblsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 2 pods (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/8 tsp
- Green Chilies - 2 (chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the cumin seeds.
- When it splutters, add the chopped green chilies, onion, garlic pods and sauté for a minute.
- Add the moong dal and sauté for another two minutes.
- Add the chopped leaves, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida and sauté till everything is well cooked.
Serve hot with dal rice, sambar rice or chapatti.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Other Recipes with Ivy Gourd
Other Greens Recipes