- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 17th Oct 2012
(Chowli Sundal, Cowpeas Sundal, Thatta Payir Sundal, Black eyed Peas Sundal)
1/2 cup Karamani (Thatta Payiru, Red chowli, Cowpeas, Black-eyed Peas)
- 1/4 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 2-3 tbs Grated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Ghee
Soak the karamani in water for 6-8 hours.
- Pressure cook them for two whistles. It should be cooked but not mushy.
- In a kadai, melt the jaggery, remove impurities.
- Add the cooked karamani, salt, grated coconut and stir well.
- When the contents starts leaving the sides of the kadai, remove it.
- Add the cardamom and stir well. Naivedyam is ready.
More Quick Evening Snack Recipes