- recipe by Dahlia submitted on 10-16-2012
Kids love to eat food in different shapes and colours. It is often the biggest challenge for moms to get their toddlers and kids to eat. The best trick is to make the food colourful and in fun shapes. You can also get the kids involved in the cooking. This will make them more interested in trying the food. Here are some ideas to make eating dosa fun for kids. You could also use your own imagination and creativity.
1. Try dosas in fun character shapes like mickey mouse, kitty cat, smiley face etc.
2. You could make colourful dosas by mixing chutney or vegetable puree with the dosa batter. Some options for mixing are tomato chutney, mint chutney, carrot puree, beetroot puree, spinach puree etc.
3. Make dosas with different toppings like carrot, beetroot, corn, egg or cheese.Fold it into a triangle and serve as a mini dosa sandwich.
4. Make mini dosas. Kids always enjoy bite size or small sized food.
5. Another idea shared by our friend Raji is to make alphabet shaped dosas.
These are some basic ideas. Keep trying your own ideas. Spend some time to prepare the food in a way that they enjoy. You will surely see empty plates. :-)