- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 6th Apr 2015
(Aam phool ki chutney, Mango flower thogayal, Maanga poo thuvayal)
A delicious chutney made with the flower of mango. Mango tree will flower only during the month of April and May in India. You can make this chutney during these months, or you can dry the mango flowers and store them to prepare the dish on other months of the year. you can have this chutney for Idly or dosa or any variety rice.
- Mango Flowers - 3 tbsp
- Onion - 1 (medium size)
- Dry Red Chili - 2
- Green Chili - 2
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind - a small piece (blueberry size)
- Jaggery - a small piece (blueberry size)
- Salt - as required
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Wash the mango flowers and dry it.
- Heat oil in a kadai, fry the red chilies and keep it aside.
- Saute the mango flower for 2-3 minutes in the same oil.
- Add the onion and saute for another three minutes. Cool it.
- Mix all other ingredients and grind by adding little water. Note that this item should be little bit on the pungent side.
Recipes with Mango and Mango Flower