-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 4th Jan 2016
(Kondakadalai Masala Sundal, Kabuli Chana Sundal, Chana Sundal, Kara Sundal, Chana Masala Sundal, Spicy Chana Sundal)
- Kabuli chana, Kondai Kadalai) - 1/2 cup (soaked)
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urid dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Hing (Asafoetida) powder - a pinch
- Directly cook kondai kadalai (kabuli chana, chickpeas) with salt, turmeric powder till it is soft. It should not be mushy. Remove excess water.
- In a kadai, heat oil, add the mustard seeds, urid dal, cumin seeds. When it splutters and the urid dal becomes slightly brown, add the curry leaves and hing powder.
- Mix the kondai kadai (chikpeas) with it and saute well.
- Add the chilli powder. Saute for a minute and transfer to a bowl.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Server the masala sundal as an evening snack along with tea or coffee.
More Chana (Chickpea) Recipes