- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 15th Feb 2016
(Mixed Veg Sabzi, Vegetable Bhaji)
This mixed vegetables bhaji is dedicated to my mother in law who is no more. When I suffered 21 days typhoid, she used to make this bhaji everyday for me. She used to make it without the seasoning and reduce the amount of sambar powder in it. It was a lovely stuff and everyone in my house enjoyed the dish for 21 days without any complaints.
According to the number of people in the house and the quantity you require, you can increase the ingredients.
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 big bowl (beetroot, carrot, red pumpkin, white pumpkin, snake gourd, bottlegourd, raw banana, yam, drumstick, beans, etc.)
- Moong dal - 100 gms
- Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
- Sambhar Powder - 2 tsp
- Jaggery - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - few
- In a kadai boil the moongdal.
- When it is half cooked, add the vegetables and tomatoes. Cover and cook it.
- When the vegetables are 3/4th cooked, add the salt, sambar powder, jaggery, asafetida and turmeric powder.
- Continue to cook till the vegetables are completely cooked. Switch off.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and pop the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the seasoning to the curry.
- It is a lovely bhaji with a combination of vegetables and without any coconut. You can enjoy this with white rice or with chapatti.
More Vegetarian Bhaji Recipes