- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 21st Nov 2014
(Kalam Urulaikkilanku Masala, Mushroom Alu Masala)
Mushrooms contains about 80 to 90 percent water and are very low in calories. They have very little sodium, fat and about 8% of its dry weight is fiber. This makes it an ideal food for persons on diet. They are also an excellent source of potassium. One medium portabella mushroom has even more potassium than a banana or a glass of orange juice.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
- Mushrooms - 5-6
- Potato - 1 small
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Cloves - 2 or 3
- Cinnamon Stick - 1
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro) - for garnishing
- Peel the potato and cut into cubes.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into big pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add the cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes mushy.
- Add the mushroom, potato, salt and the dry masalas. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add water and cook till it is done.
- Adjust water according to your requirement of thickness of the gravy.
- Just before serving, garnish with coriander leaves and the fresh cream.
- The tasty mushroom potato masala can be served with white rice, chapati, roti, etc..
Other Mushroom Recipes