- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10-02-2012
1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 - 1 1/4 cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 3 cups Sugar
- Cardamom powder
- In a kadai, melt the sugar.
- Sieve the besan. Mix the ghee and cardamom powder with it and keep aside.
- When the sugar melts completely, add the besan mix (see that no lumps formed) and keep on stirring till the same starts leaving the kadai.
- Transfer the same to a greased plate and pat it to equalize the same in the plate.
- Dip a knife in ghee and cut to desired shapes.
- You have to be very careful at the finishing point of making this item. If not removed at the proper time, the same will become powdery.
- Experience makes the man perfect. While preparing this item, first you try with small quantities. I have spoiled many number of times and finally succeeded.
Other Indian Sweets