- recipe by Padmaja Reddy submitted on 05-06-2012
Here I am presenting a traditional curry of andhra people Naatu Kodi Cura (Country Chicken Curry)
Country chicken pieces - 1kg
Turmeric Powder (haldi) - 1/2 spoon
Chilli powder - 2 spoons
Garam masala (mixing spices) - 1 spoon
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 spoons
Onion paste - 1 cup
Ginger paste - 2 spoons
Tamarind paste - 2 spoons
Corriander powder - 1 spoon
1. Marinate the chicken by mixing haldi, chilli powder, coriander powder and ginger paste for half an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion paste until brown.
3. After that add the marinated chicken and cook for half an hour.
4. Finally add tamarind paste, garam masala and salt.
This is a very good combination with vada or steamed rice.