- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10-17-2012
(Channa Dal Sundal, Bengal Gram Salad, Kadalai Paruppu Chundal)
1/2 cup Chana dal (Kadalai Paruppu, Split Bengal Gram)
1 tsp Red chilli powder
A pinch of turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Urid dal
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
Few curry leaves
Hing (Asafoetida) powder
chopped coriander leaves and fresh grated coconuts
1. Directly cook chana dal with salt, turmeric powder till it is soft. It should not be mushy. Remove excess water.
2. In a kadai, heat oil, add the mustard seeds, urid dal, cumin seeds. When it splutters and the urid dal becomes slightly brown, add the curry leaves and hing powder.
3. Mix the chana dal with it and saute well.
4. Add the chilli powder. Saute for a minute and transfer to a bowl.
5. Your prasad is ready. Garnish with coriander leaves.