- Submitted by Dahlia on 24th Aug 2015
(Ragi Adai, Finger Millet Roti, Finger Millet Adai, Kelvaragu Adai, Nachani Roti)
I love to add Ragi as part of our diet at least once in a week. In South India Ragi Roti is made with vegetables and onions. It is called Ragi Roti or Ragi Adai. It tastes very good but has a thicker texture. So it may not be very kid friendly. Here is a softer version of the Ragi Roti that kids will surely enjoy. This recipe was shared by one of my friends.
- Ragi Flour - 1 cup
- Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup
- Potato 1 (boiled and mashed)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for making the rotis
- Boil and mash one big potato.
- Take the mashed potato, flours and salt in a bowl.
- Mix it and knead it to form a stiff dough. The moisture from the potato will be enough to form the dough. Sprinkle few drops of water if needed.
- Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Take a gooseberry sized portion of the dough and roll it out using dry wheat flour to about 6" diameter.
- Heat a tawa and cook the roti on both sides. Small brown spots appear on both sides as an indication that it is cooked. It will take about a minute on each side.
- Remove the ragi roti for tawa. Ragi roti is now ready to be served.
More Ragi/Millet Recipes