- submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 6th Sep 2014
(Raw Banana Pradhaman, Valakkai Payasam, Raw Banana Kheer)
- Raw Banana - 1 (boiled and mashed)
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Coconut milk (second milk) - 3 cups
- Thick Ccconut milk (first milk) - 1 cup
- Ghee - 4 tbsp
- First add 1/2 cup water in the jaggery, melt it and strain impurities, if any.
- In a pan add 3 tbsp of ghee and when it becomes hot, add the banana and saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the jaggery and boil the same or 5 minutes.
- Add the second milk and boil till it becomes a thick consistency.
- When it is done, remove from the gas and add the first milk. Tip : When it cools down, the payasam/kheer is likely to become thick. You can also add crushed cardamom at this stage.
- In a pan add the remaining 1 tbsp ghee, fry the coconut bits in it till brown and pour over the payasam.
- Your Raw Banana Payasam/Pradhaman/Kheer is ready to serve. You can serve it hot or cold as a desert.
More Kheer (Payasam) Varieties