- Recipe by Raji submitted on 7th June 2013
(Raw Banana Halva)
Halwa with raw banana is a good source of potassium and vitamins like A and C. Potassium helps reduce risk of blood pressure and is also beneficial for our brains and kidneys.
· It is high in carbohydrates and thus an energy booster.
· It is also high in dietary fiber.
1 hr (30 mts pressure cooker for boiling banana + 30 minutes for hawa)
1 raw banana
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 cup milk
4 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp semolina(suji, rava)
fried cashew/almonds & charoli
few strands of saffron
food colour (optional)
- Boil the banana, remove the skin and mash, yields one cup pulp
- In a pan, add the ghee, when it becomes hot fry the cashew/almonds and keep aside
- In the same pan, add the rava and roast it,
- when it becomes brown, add the banana pulp and saute for 5-7 minutes.
- add the sugar, milk,coconut and stir well
- keep stirring till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the fried almonds, cashew and cardamom powder.
- remove from the gas, transfer it into a bowl and garnish with Charoli.
Note: I did not use food colour
can be made with jaggery also instead of sugar.