- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 29th Oct 2016
(Chuvanna Ari Dosa, Sivappu Arisi Dosai)
This dosa is a different item from the normal dosa you make. Sometimes a different version is always liked by all. Why don't you try this healthy variation of dosa made with red boiled rice. You can use the Kerala rosematta rice or the red rice from Tamil Nadu to make this.
Recipe For Red Rice Dosa
Preparation time: 15 minutes + soaking time
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Red boiled rice (chuvanna puzhungal ari) - 1 cup
- Normal rice - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - handful (chopped)
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed to make dosa
- Wash and soak the rice together for 4-5 hours.
- Grind to a smooth paste by adding salt and keep aside for fermentation overnight.
- Add the cumin seeds, chili powder, pepper powder, coriander leaves, asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat a non stick tava, smear with little oil. Make the dosas the normal way you make the dosa. Drizzle a teaspoonful of sesame oil around the dosa.
- Wait till one side is cooked and then flip it to cook the other side.
Serving Red Rice Dosa
- Serve these tasty dosas with tomato chutney, coconut chutney, sambar or any other curry of your choice.
More Dosa Recipes