-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 13th Aug 2014
(Tiranga Khatta Dhokla, Idli Batter Dhokla, Tricolor Steamed Rice Cakes)
I was thinking of what to do with some left over idli batter that I had in the fridge. Here is a simple and wonderful recipe that any of us will enjoy. Its Tricolor (Thiranga) Dhokla. It tastes great with chutney, pickle or sauce. You can also make it for Independence or Republic day.
For the Batter
- Idli Batter - 1/4 kg
- Carrot - 1 (grated)
- Capsicum (Green Bell Pepper) - 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Green Beans - 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
- Green Peas - 2 tblsp
- Green Chili - 3 (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Dosai Milagai Podi - 3 tblsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp (optional)
For the tempering
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- White sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Green coriander leaves (Cilantro) - 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients under 'For the batter'.
- Transfer it to a greased flat bowl.
- Steam cook for 15-20 minutes.
- After it is cooked, temper with the items mentioned in 'For the tempering'.
- Cut it into desired shape viz. square or triangle.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Other Similar Recipes