- Submitted by Dahlia on 3rd Aug 2015
(Tender Coconut Juice, Karikku Juice, Elaneer Juice)
Tender Coconut Smoothie is one of the best summer drinks that me and my brother used to enjoy during our childhood days. Tender Coconut is naturally very refreshing and packed with vitamins and minerals. It is often referred to as natures Glucose which is sure to boost your energy level when the heat of the sun drains you out.
The recipe for tender coconut milkshake is already posted in the site. This smoothie is a lighter one and is made just with the coconut water and the tender coconut meat. Since we have our own coconut tree, we get the freshest tender coconut. It is naturally very cool and sweet. If you buy tender coconut from the street vendors, it may not be so fresh. Over time, it would have lost its natural sweetness and chillness. If you make smoothie with such tender coconuts, you may have to add some ice cubes and some sugar.
- Tender coconut meat - 1 (about 1/2 cup)
- Coconut water - about 1.5 cups
- Sugar/Honey - to taste
- Ice Cubes - as required
- Take the tender coconut flesh and the coconut water in a mixie or a blender. Use the really tender coconut which is slimy and melt in your mouth types to get the best taste.
- Blend it till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste it and add sugar or ice cubes if needed. Blend once again.
- Serve in tall glasses and enjoy on a hot summer day.
- You can make interesting flavors of this smoothie. While blending, just add 1 or 2 drops of vanilla essence or rose water or pineapple essence.
- To make Sparkling Tender Coconut Smoothie, mix half a cup of plain soda with the smoothie and serve.
Other recipes with tender coconut