- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 11-03-2012
2 cup Rice Flour (sifted)
2 tbsp Urad Dal flour
Chilli powder as per requirement
2 tbsp Bengal gram/Channa Dal/Kadalaparuppu
Few curry leaves chopped into small pieces
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
2 tsp Butter
Oil for frying.
1. Soak the bengal gram for 1 hour, remove it and dry it.
2. In a kadai, add rice flour, urad dal four, chilli powder, bengal gram, curry leaves, salt, asafoetida, butter and mix well.
3. Add water little by little and make a pliable dough.
4. Take a small ball of small lime size and flatten the same on a piece of cloth. (or you can apply little oil on a plastic sheet and make the same on top of it. You should be able to flatten the same without breaking.)
5. Prick the same with a fork. Remove slowly and deep fry the same in slow flame till you find it is crisp.
6. Remove it on an absrobent paper. When cool, keep it in airtight container. Your prasad is ready.
: 45-60 minutes
Cooking time :
Lasts for 2-3 weeks if kept in airtight container
Other Snacks Recipes