-Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 19th Oct 2015
(Dosa with Tomato)
These days dosas are liked by everyone after a busy day. So here is another dosa variety that everyone would love to eat. Try and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Rice - 250 gms
- Tur dal - 50 gms
- Ripe red tomatoes - 2 big
- Dry red chillies - 7-8 (deseeded)
- Asafoetida (Hing) - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
- Wash and soak the rice, tur dal and dry red chilies for 2 hrs.
- Grind along with all the other ingredients and keep it for fermentation overnight.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves just before making the dosas. Usually, I grind the batter around 10:30 in the night and used it by 5:00 am in the morning.
- The batter should be of dosa consistency.
- Make the dosas as you make the normal dosas.
- serve the hot tomato dosa with some chutney.
More Dosa Recipes