- recipe by raji ramakrishnan submitted on 02-10-2012
Besan (Gram Flour) - 1 cup
Corriander Leaves (chopped) - 2 cups
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
White Sesame Seeds (roasted) - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Oil - for frying
1. Take a bowl and mix in the besan, coriander leaves, salt, baking soda, turmeric powder, hing (asafoetida) powder.
2. Add water and mix the ingredients into a pouring consistency.
3. Heat a kadai, heat 2 tsp oil and pour in the mixure and mix again.
4. Take a plate, grease the same and pour the mixture in it. Steam the same for 15 minutes on high flame. check whether it is cooked properly with a skewer.
5. Cool it, cut it and deep fry. serve hot with chutney. I like it with mint chutney.