- Submitted by Dahlia on 19th Jan 2011
(Methi Murg, Fenugreek Leaf Chicken, Chicken With Greens, Vendaya Keerai Kozhi Kulambu, Chicken Curry With Fenugreek Leaves, Methi Chicken With Fresh Methi)
Recipe for Fresh Methi Chicken
Chicken - 1 lb (cut into bite size pieces)
- Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) - 1 bunch (about 2 cups)
- Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes - 2 (pureed)
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp (beaten)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 3 tbsp
Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and splutter the cumin and fennel seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry for a minute till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the chicken pieces, beaten yogurt and salt. Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add all the dry spice powders (coriander, cumin, chilly, turmeric and fennel powders).
- Add the tomato puree and required water. If you want a dry dish add very little water.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes till the oil separates from the masala.
- Finally add the methi leaves and garam masala powder.
- Cook for a minute and switch off. Tasty methi chicken curry is ready to be served.
Add other meat and make methi mutton, methi turkey etc.
- You can also add other greens and make spinach chicken, gongura chicken etc.
More Chicken Gravy / Curry Recipes