- Submitted by Dahlia on 19th Jan 2011
(Methi Murg, Fenugreek Leaf Chicken, Chicken With Greens, Vendaya Keerai Kozhi Kulambu, Chicken Curry With Fenugreek Leaves, Methi Chicken With Fresh Methi)
Chicken - 1 lb (cut into bite size pieces)
- Fenugreek Leaves (Methi) - 1 bunch (about 2 cups)
- Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes - 2 (pureed)
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp (beaten)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 3 tbsp
Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and splutter the cumin and fennel seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry for a minute till the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the chicken pieces, beaten yogurt and salt. Stir fry for few minutes.
- Add all the dry spice powders (coriander, cumin, chilly, turmeric and fennel powders).
- Add the tomato puree and required water. If you want a dry dish add very little water.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes till the oil separates from the masala.
- Finally add the methi leaves and garam masala powder.
- Cook for a minute and switch off. Tasty methi chicken curry is ready to be served.
Add other meat and make methi mutton, methi turkey etc.
- You can also add other greens and make spinach chicken, gongura chicken etc.
More Chicken Gravy / Curry Recipes