- submitted by Dahlia on 12-29-2010
All Purpose Flour - 1.5 cups
Peanut Butter (Crunchy) - 1 cup
Butter (room temperature) - 1 stick (1/2 cup)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Take the butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar and mix together for a few minutes till everything is blended well.
2. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix till you have a creamy mixture.
3. Add the all purpose flour and mix.
4. The dough would be very sticky at this stage. Refrigerate it for atleast 1 hour before making cookies.
5. Make small key lime sized dough balls and flatten it slightly.
6. Make a crisscross pattern with the back of a fork dipped in sugar.
7. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes until the cookies become golden brown.
8. Remove gently from the cookie sheet and cool completely before serving.