- Submitted by Dahlia on 23rd Apr 2010
(Eral Bajji, Shrimp Fritters, Shrimp pakoda)
Shrimp - 1 lb (cleaned & de-veined)
- Besan (Gram Flour) - 1/2 cup
- Corn Flour/ Rice Flour - 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - for frying
- Water - as needed to make batter
Mix all the dry ingredients (besan, corn flour, black pepper powder, a pinch of cumin powder, baking soda, turmeric powder and salt) in a mixing bowl.
- Add water little by little while mixing it constantly to make a smooth batter.
- In the mean time heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip each shrimp in the batter so that the shrimp is completely coated with the batter.
- Drop it in the hot oil and deep fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Drain excess oil in paper towels. Serve hot with some hot sauce or ketchup.
Use all purpose flour (maida) instead of besan and make the fritters for a whole new flavour.
More Appetizer Recipes