- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 03-11-2012
(Musambi Achaar, Sathukudi Urugai)
I purchased sweet lime which was very sour in taste. so i decided to make use of it by making this lovely pickle.
Sweet lime - 1
Sugar - 1 tsp
chilli powder - 1 tsp or as per requirement
Mustard seed dhalia - 1 tsp ( You get the dal of mustard seed in other words split mustard seed)
vinegar - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Mustard seed - 1 tsp
curry leaves - few
Asafoeitida - pinch
1. Finely chop the sweet lime and remove the seeds.
2. Put in a jar, add salt, sugar, chilli powder, vinegar and keep for a day.
3. Next day temper the ingredients in it. Make sure that the oil should be above the level of the contents.
4. Occasionally stir the same. After 15 days, the skin of the lime will be very soft. It is ready to eat.