- Submitted by Dahlia on 21st Feb 2011
(Spicy Tofu Salad, Sesame Tofu)
Serves : 2-3
- Extra Firm Tofu - 14 oz (cut into small cubes)
Chopped Garlic - 1 tsp
- Chopped Ginger - 1 tsp
Bell Pepper - 1 (sliced)
- Green Onions - 2 stalks (chopped)
Dry Red Chilly - 1 (chopped)
- Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilly Garlic Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Sesame Oil - 2 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds (toasted) - 1 tbsp (for garnish)
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan/wok and add the tofu cubes.
- Fry on medium flame (stirring occasionally) till all the moisture evaporates and the sides are browned. This takes about 15 minutes. (Tip :- You may freeze the tofu and cut into cubes. This will help in quick browning.)
- Once the tofu becomes crispy and brown, move the tofu to the sides and make a well in between.
Add 1 tbsp of oil and add the chopped garlic and ginger.
- After a minute add the remaining ingredients in quick succession - green onions, bell pepper, dry red chilli, lemon juice, soy sauce and chilli, garlic sauce.
Increase the heat and stir fry till everything comes together.
- Switch off and garnish with a generous amount of toasted sesame seeds.
- This can be served as a spicy salad with a piece of bread.
- Serve this along with some white rice, fried rice or noodles.
Other Tofu Recipes