- Submitted by Dahlia on 31th Oct 2007
(Fish Stir Fry With Bell Peper, Fish Chops, Meen Chops, Machli Ki Sabzi)
Here is a simple and quick to prepare fish fry recipe with capsicum (bell pepper). This stir fried capsicum fish will have the flavor of the capsicum infused in the fish.
Recipe For Capsicum Fish
- Fish fillets - 2 (cut into pieces)
- Onion - 1/2 (diced in medium sized pieces)
- Tomato - 2 ( finely diced)
- Capsicum - 1 (diced in medium sized pieces)
- Chilly powder - 1tsp
- Pepper powder - 1tsp
- Coriander/dhania powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard Seeds - ¼ tsp
- Curry Leaves - 5
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves - (for garnishing)
- Take a deep bowl mix half the spices (1/2 tsp chilly powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1tsp coriander powder,1/4 tsp turmeric powder, salt and 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste) to make a thick paste. Add fish pieces to this and rub to coat the masala on all the fish pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai or deep sauce pan and shallow fry the fish pieces.
- Once both the sides of the fish is browned, remove it and keep aside.
- Now add some oil to the same kadai. When the oil is heated, splutter the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Saute the onions until they start to sweat.
- Next add the capsicum pieces and tomato along with remaining spices (1/2 tsp chilly powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1tsp coriander powder,salt). Saute for 3 minutes or till the tomato pieces are nicely cooked.
- At this stage add the fish pieces. Toss everything gently without breaking the fish pieces.
- Let this cook for another 2 minutes until all the juices from the tomatoes are completely absorbed by the fish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, split chillies or lemon slices.
- Serve with rice varieties, biryani, pulao or chapatti.
More Fish Recipes