- Submitted by Inara submitted on 11-10-2008
(Cooked Chicken Biryani, Biriyani)
- Rice - 2 1/2 cups soaked in water for an hour
Onions - 4 medium (sliced lengthwise)
- Tomatoes - 2 (chopped)
Green Coriander - chopped for garnishing
- Birista (golden fried onion) - for garnishing
Salt - to taste
- Oil - as needed
- Chicken - 2 lbs
- Yogurt - 2 cups
Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Potato - 1 (cut into four pieces)
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Whole garam masala - 2 tbsp (a mix of bay leaf/ cinnamon/ black pepper/ green cardamom/ black cardamom)
- Butter - 2 tblsp
Marinate all the above ingredients under 'Marination' for 3-4 hours and refrigerate.
- Take oil in a vessel. Add onions and let it turn pink. Add tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
Add the marinated chicken and cook well.
- In the meantime, take a big vessel with water. Add required salt & 1 tbsp ghee.
- Bring the water to a boil.
Then add the soaked rice and let it cook. Once cooked, drain all the water.
- Now in a vessel or a container, arrange the biryani as shown in the picture with rice layer at the bottom.
Put some birista (golden fried onions) over the rice layer.
- Then add a layer of cooked chicken.
- Finally another rice layer.
- Top it up with birista and chopped green coriander leaves.
- The cooked meat chicken biryani is ready to server.
See More Biryani Recipes