- Submitted by Dahlia on 16th May 2009
(Mutta Fry Masala, Keeri Muttai, Anda Masala, Egg Masala Dry)
- Eggs - 6 (hard boiled)
- Onion - 1 1/2 medium sized (thinly sliced)
Dry red chillies - 5
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
Salt - as needed
- Cilantro - for garnish (finely chopped)
Oil - 1 tbsp
For boiling the eggs, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the eggs, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the water and run the eggs under cold water immediately. Peel off the eggs shells.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves for few minutes.
After it cooled, grind it to a coarse powder.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into half lengthwise and add the ground powder to the eggs. Mix it gently so that all the eggs get coated with the powder nicely.
Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions nicely. The onions have to be golden brown. This might take about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the egg halves along with the coated powder and any leftover powder to the pan.
Reduce the heat, gently toss everything, cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add the finely chopped cilantro, mix once again gently and switch off.
This egg masala goes very well with chapatti, pulav and white rice.
More Egg Recipes