- submitted by Dahlia on 01-13-2008
White Corn Syrup - 1 cup
Brown Sugar - 1 cup
Salt - a pinch
Eggs - 3
Butter - 5 tblsp
Pecans - 2 cups
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Pie Crust - 1 (9 inch)
1. Roast the pecans for 3-4 minutes until a nice aroma comes. This can be done in the microwave too.
2. Melt the butter and beat the eggs seperately.
3. Take a mixing bowl and mix together white corn syrup, melted butter, beaten eggs, vanilla essence, brown sugar and salt.
4. Pour the pie filling into the pie crust.
5. Add the roasted pecans on top. Some of the pecans will sink in the pie filling.
6. Bake the pie in an oven preheated to 350 degreed F for 55-65 minutes.
7. After approximately 25 minutes, if the pie crust starts browning too much, cover it up carefully with an aluminium foil.
8. Cool and serve with whipped topping or have as such.