- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 10th Mar 2013
(Aloe Vera Sabzi, Aloevera With Tender Coconut And Methi Sprouts, Alovera Sabji)
Since aloe vera has got numerous medicinal value, I thought will try a subzi out of it. When I removed the outer skin of the aloe vera, I got a bubbly stuff like tad gola ie. pana nongu. I had some tender coconut after drinking the coconut water (which is must now due to the terrible heat). I also had some methi sprouts. So I made a sabzi with all these ingredients. Why don't you try your hand on it?
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Recipe For Aloe Vera Sabzi
Aloe Vera - 2 sticks
- Methi Sprouts - 2 tbsp
- Tender Coconut -2 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar or Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - Few
- Chopped Coriander Leaves - 2 tsp
- Lemon (Extract Juice) - 1/2 Lemon
- Salt - To Taste
Remove the skin of the aloe vera and cut it into pieces.
- Heat oil in kadai. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- When it splutters, add the methi sprouts and saute for two minutes.
- Add the aloe vera pieces and saute for another minute.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add half of the chopped coriander and saute.
- Add the tender coconut and lime juice and mix well.
- Remove from stove and garnish with remaining coriander leaves.
Serve the Aloe Vera Sabzi hot with chapati as a side dish.
More Home Remedy Recipes