- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10th March 2013
Since aloe vera has got numerous medicinal value, I thought will try a subzi out of it. When I removed the outer skin of the aloe vera, I got a bubbly stuff like tad gola ie. pana nongu. I had some tender coconut after drinking the coconut water (which is must now due to the terrible heat). I also had some methi sprouts. So I made a sabzi with all these ingredients. Why don't you try your hand on it?
: 10 minutes
: 5 minutes
Aloe vera - 2 sticks
Methi sprouts - 2 tbsp
Tender coconut -2 tbsp
2 tsp oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Sugar or jaggery
1/2 tsp Chilli powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
Few curry leaves
Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbp
1/2 Lemon (extract juice)
1. Remove the skin of the aloe vera and cut it into pieces.
2. Heat oil in kadai. Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
3. When it splutters, add the methi sprouts and saute for two minutes.
4. Add the aloe vera pieces and saute for another minute.
5. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and sugar and mix well.
6. Add half of the chopped coriander and saute.
7. Add the tender coconut and lime juice and mix well.
8. Remove from stove and garnish with remaining coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapati
or as a side dish.