(Microwave Oven Recipes, Recipes Using Microwave)
Jump to recipes ↓
What do you think are the important kitchen essentials if you are setting up a new home?? Hmmm...Let me list it out: A gas stove, a refrigerator, a mixer grinder and a microwave. For people who think that microwave is not a kitchen essential but a luxury, welcome to the era of microwave cooking. According to many people, microwave is used merely for reheating, making pappads, popcorns and defrosting but that’s totally not the case. Using a microwave we can cook a variety of dishes (including the Indian dishes) with minimal oil, effort and time. There are different models and brands of microwaves available in the market today like basic, convection mode, combination mode and many more. Each microwave cooks differently as the wattage ranges from 500 to 1000. Before you begin to cook in the microwave, be sure to read the instruction manual and follow the cooking time, temperature and wattage specification mentioned with each recipe.
Tips for using a Microwave
- A microwave cooks by creating heat in the food, so it is important that we let the food rest for a while after the cooking is done. Allow the heat to transfer through and let the temperature come down on its own.
- Be sure to place the dish in the centre of the glass tray.
- Use microwave friendly utensils, preferably glass and ceramics. It is better not to use plastic utensils as there is always risk of diseases irrespective of the quality of plastic.
- Use a slightly bigger dish especially for baking as what we bake will tend to rise or expand.
- Do not leave the dish open when making any gravies as there is always a chance for it to splatter all over the microwave.
Microwave Hacks for Daily Life
- We can peel small onion and garlic pods with great ease just by keeping in the microwave for 20-30 secs.
- All ingredients that need to be dry roasted and ground can be kept in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the quantity taken.
- If you have forgotten beans like chickpeas or kidney beans for making gravy, all you need to do is to fill water with beans and microwave for 12 to 15 minutes and then it can be pressure cooked directly.
- Potatoes can be instantly boiled by pricking the potatoes with fork and you can microwave for 2-3 minutes.
There are so many great things a microwave can do and to prove that to you, I have picked some absolutely phenomenal microwave recipes that has been tried, and loved by friends and family. So, go ahead and try them out for yourself. Cheers!!!
Recipes Using Microwave Oven