- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 18th Jan 2013
(Banana Pepper Curry, Bajji Milagai Kootu)
I never tried chilli subzi in my life till such time I enjoyed the dish at my Cousin's place at Calicut. It was a simple, easy and tasty stuff and got the chance only today to make it. In Mumbai, we get the chilli for making bhajiyas. In kerala, she was saying, it is a kind of chilli somewhat little bit white/greenish in color only available in a particular season. Hope you will also enjoy the same.
Recipe For Chilli Sabzi
Preparation time: less than 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
100 gms Chillies (the one we buy for bhajia)
- 2 tbsp oil (i used coconut oil)
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2-3 Curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 3 tbsp Sour curd
Cut the chillies into small pieces.
- Heat kadai, put oil. When it becomes hot, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
- Add the chopped chilly, turmeric powder, salt and mix well, cover it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the curd with a teaspoon and add the same to the chilly and cook till the curd is dried up. Chilli sabzi is ready to be served.
- Serve hot with rice as an accompaniment to molagootal, dal etc.
More Chili Pepper (Mirchi) Recipes