- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 10-18-2012
(Soya Bean Salad)
1/2 cup Soyabean
2 tbs Grated coconut
1 Red chilli or green chilli
A small piece of ginger
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
A pinch of turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Urid dal
Few curry leaves
Hing (Asafoetida) powder
1. Pressure cook the soyabean or directly cook with salt, turmeric powder till it is soft but not mushy. Remove excess water.
2. In a kadai, heat oil, add the mustard seeds, urid dal and chilli.
3. When it splutters and the urid dal becomes slightly brown, add the curry leaves and hing powder.
4. Mix the soyabeans with it and saute well.
5. Crush the grated coconut, green or red chillli, cumin seeds in mixer and add to the above mix.
6. Saute for a minute and transfer to a bowl. Your prasad is ready.