- submitted by Dahlia on 08-27-2009
(Takkali Kurma, Tamatar Korma, Tomato Korma)
Shallot Onions - 3-4 (or 1 onion)
- Tomatoes -3
Garlic - 2 cloves
- Green Chilli - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coconut - 1/2 cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Grind together the coconut, green chilli and cumin seeds with little water to a very smooth paste. You can also use coconut milk instead.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Add the onions and garlic and fry till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
Add turmeric powder, chilly powder, garam masala powder and fry for a minute.
- Add the ground coconut paste, salt and required water.
Let the gravy simmer for few minutes.
- Finally add chopped cilantro. Spicy tomato curry is ready to be served.
More Tomato Based Curry Recipes