- Submitted by Dahlia on 2th Apr 2008
(Indian Style Bok Choy Recipe)
Recipe For Bok Choy Poriyal
Bok Choy - 1
- Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 2 or 3 (minced)
- Egg - 1
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Curry leaves - 6
Oil - 1 tbsp
Separate the stalks of the bok choy and wash each stalk thoroughly. Chop both the stalk and the leaves finely.
- Heat oil in a pan, splatter some mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal.
- Fry the chopped onions and green chillies for a minute and then add the chopped bok choy.
- Add salt and let it cook uncovered for about 7-8 minutes until the vegetable wilts. It is a very watery vegetable so releases lot of water.
- Add the egg at this stage and mix everything together. Keep mixing for another 1 or 2 minutes until the egg is cooked. Serve with rice or roti.
Fresh grated coconut or coarsely powdered peanuts can also be used instead of egg.
More Bok Choy Recipes