- submitted by Dahlia on 02-25-2008
Celery - 5-6 stalks (chopped)
Green Chillies - 4-5
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Cilantro - handful
Salt - to taste
Asaefoetida - a pinch
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tblsp
1. Heat little oil in a pan and add the chopped celery and saute it 5 minutes.
2. Add green chillies, ginger garlic paste and cilantro. Cook this for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Cool the mixture and grind it to make a smooth paste.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Splutter some mustard seeds and curry leaves.
5. Add the celery chutney to it along with salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder.
6. Simmer the chutney till the oil leaves separates.
7. This can be served with rice or roti and even spread over bread to make sandwitches.